Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Nuisance caller attempts increasing again

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
The TrueCall is good in that you enter your phone book and it lets any
on that straight through. Any others have to jump through hoops to
leave a message. Which I'd say no spam caller is going to bother with.
It's also easy to disable - if you simply switch off the mains to it,
it routes the lines straight through. Quicker than entering a code.
Downside is it isn't free.

It is free with a set of BT8500 phones :-)

But can you update your caller list via the web using your computer
keyboard or by copying text? Doing it on a phone keypad can be a PITA.

Why would you want to? With the BT 8500 a couple of key presses will add
someone to your white list. Ditto a couple of presses to add to your black
list. Anyone not blacklisted or whitelisted goes to answerphone. Thats
more than adequate cold call blocking for 99% of folk. I speak as someone
who has a redundant Truecall unit.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls