Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark[_24_] Mark[_24_] is offline

Default Nuisance caller attempts increasing again

On Thu, 21 Mar 2019 07:17:29 +1100, "Jac Brown"
wrote:

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
Mark has brought this to us :
I've decided to implement a very agressive call-blocker which blocks
almost all unknown callers (i.e witheld, faked numbers etc). This has
taken a long time for me to decide, but I think the risk of missing
the odd legit call is worth it.

That is what I do, only the known to the phones numbers get straight
through, the rest can deal with the blocker. Any valid organisation will
follow the procedure and get through the blocker, they are used to them.

But someone you know who is desperate for some help from
you, calling from someone else's phone or a borrowed mobile
may be too desperate to fart around with the blocker.

With mine they could leave a message, explaining who they are and I
can decide whether to answer the call or not.
--
Little Britain leaves. Great Britain stays.