Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scott[_17_] Scott[_17_] is offline

Default Nuisance caller attempts increasing again

On Thu, 21 Mar 2019 08:19:53 -0000, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

I've noticed a gradual rise to mobile numbers as well over say, the last
month or so.
some are not spoofed but genuine chancers trying to sell stuff, usually
some financial service or crap junk from China.

At least some do have an opt out number to hit, and having checked this
against charges, it seems to be legitimate and worked.
On the landline its been pretty constant over time. I can tell from the call
recorders whisper files. These get recorded when the device asks you to
specify a name, and the pre recorded ones often stay connected long enough
to register a short recording. Most of the others hang up and every so often
I just add the numbers, real or otherwise to my local zap list

It must be a thankless task for a human which I imagine is why so many are
now pre recorded.

I just wind them up if I can. They were looking for somebody, not me.
I said I thought he was serving three years and suggested they try the
Scottish Prison Service.