Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default Nuisance caller attempts increasing again

On 21/03/2019 10:24, charles wrote:
In article ,
dennis@home wrote:
On 20/03/2019 21:47, Bob Eager wrote:
On Wed, 20 Mar 2019 20:32:55 +0000, charles wrote:

In article , John
Rumm wrote:
On 20/03/2019 16:15, charles wrote:
In article , Mark
wrote:
On Wed, 20 Mar 2019 13:16:21 +0000, T i m wrote:

On Wed, 20 Mar 2019 12:20:36 +0000, Tim Lamb
wrote:

In message , Harry Bloomfield
writes
After the number of nuisance calls my phone system was blocking,
fell to almost no calls, there has been a sudden increase in
their number in the past few days. 10 such calls yesterday
blocked, all supposedly
from different spoofed numbers.

They do like to waste their time.

Apparently my Internet service is compromised! Recorded
announcement so I suppose the only cost is the call charge.

I have also had a few 'This is Microsoft Technical' calls from
India recently and after dispatching one (who was fairly
persistent), also had the 'This is BT Technical, your line is
compromised' recorded message with a press 1 or 2 option.

Never respond to these!

pressing '1' can connect you to a premium rate call number.

That sounds unlikely... Got any supporting evidence?

not in writing, but my ISP owner told me, And I tend to believe him.

I would get a new ISP if I were you. It is patently not true.

Maybe they run a cr@p VoIP system that can?

The system is provided by Kingston Communications - in any case what has
that got to do with phones - that service comes from BT

not in kingston it doesn't. Its the only bit of the UK where BT doesn't
run the phone service.