Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jac Brown Jac Brown is offline

Default Nuisance caller attempts increasing again

"Mark" wrote in message
On Wed, 20 Mar 2019 13:53:54 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
After the number of nuisance calls my phone system was blocking, fell
to almost no calls, there has been a sudden increase in their number in
the past few days. 10 such calls yesterday blocked, all supposedly from
different spoofed numbers.

They do like to waste their time.

I had to disable my call blocker (TrueCall) so I could let through a call
from a large switchboard. Didn't really want to put them through the hoops
of leaving a message.

And the spam calls started again near right away. But didn't annoy as much
as before since I now have the means to block them.

I've decided to implement a very agressive call-blocker which blocks
almost all unknown callers (i.e witheld, faked numbers etc). This has
taken a long time for me to decide, but I think the risk of missing
the odd legit call is worth it.

You might feel differently after someone you care about ends
up in the ER after a serious accident or medical emergency
and you only find out about it after they have died etc.