Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Nuisance caller attempts increasing again

T i m wrote:

On Wed, 20 Mar 2019 12:20:36 +0000, Tim Lamb
wrote:

In message , Harry Bloomfield
writes

Apparently my Internet service is compromised! Recorded announcement so
I suppose the only cost is the call charge.

I have also had a few 'This is Microsoft Technical' calls from India
recently and after dispatching one (who was fairly persistent), also
had the 'This is BT Technical, your line is compromised' recorded
message with a press 1 or 2 option.

Me: But I have cable Internet, I don't use BT?

Him: Sir, did you know all Internet connections go though BT ...

After wasting the first callers time as long as possible and him
talking of 'blocking my Internet connection' if I didn't do as he
asked, his parting shot was that he was going to 'block my a$$'. ;-)

I've had much stronger language than that, one even resorted to
what I presume was his mother tongue.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK