Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Look165 Look165 is offline

Default Inverter Generator

If mains are off, WTF wanting a 60Hz frequency ?
Between 50 and 70 Hz, it's OK.

J.B. Wood a écrit le 20/03/2019 Ã* 15:56Â*:
On 3/20/19 6:57 AM, J.B. Wood wrote:
Hello, all.Â* This isn't a repair question but, not having seen any
circuit schematics, I've been wondering what circuitry constitutes
the time base (what governs the 60 Hz AC output freq) in consumer
inverter generators (e.g. the Honda EU series)?Â* Is it
crystal-controlled or something else? I'm assuming it depends on the
inverter portion itself, not the rpm of the engine.Â* Since these
appliances are designed to function in a variety of
temperature/humidity environments I would think frequency stability
is important.Â* Thanks for your time and comment. Sincerely,

Hello, all and I appreciate the responses thus far, but my assumption
about the inner workings of these appliances is that the output
voltage and frequency is independent of the rotational speed of the
engine-driven generator portion.Â* The generator's function is to
supply DC input to the inverter which in turn provides the 120/240 VAC
output. I'm assuming the same/similar circuitry as that of an inverter
designed for connection to a motor vehicle battery.Â* So what
component(s) control the inverter generator's output frequency to the
required degree of accuracy? Sincerely,