Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default Just replaced bath tap valve, but old cap won't fit over splines

On Tue, 19 Mar 2019 14:40:36 +0000 (GMT+00:00), "Jim K.."
wrote:

Tim+ Wrote in message:
T i m wrote:
On Tue, 19 Mar 2019 12:37:14 +0000, Roger Mills
wrote:

So you'll either need a different valve or a different cap.

I think the former sounds safer. ;-)

But why didn't it come with one?

Because replacement valve innards are generic and fit many styles of types.
They never come with a cap.

Tim

Unless you buy "tap revivers"

What I did in the end was "work" the old valve while it was out of the
tap body by screwing the shaft in and out multiple times. Then I
replaced it back into the tap and the good flow rate is restored. (I
should have tried this remedy first before shooting off the Screwfix!)

I'll return the new valve to Screwfix, which is usually very good
about refunds.

MM