Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default F Plugs

On 18/03/2019 14:09, Terry Casey wrote:
In article , steve@walker-
family.me.uk says...

I've only needed F-connectors at home and have preferred to use these
(inside and out):

https://www.screwfix.com/p/outdoor-c...ck-of-10/46242

The internals certainly do need to match the cable, as the inside edge
slides between the dialectric and the screen when you insert the cable.

As do all F connectors which makes me wonder how John managed
to get such a thin cable into a normal size connector!

Whereas the crimp on ones have a flat, internal endstop, with a central
cylinder sticking up from that endstop and forcing its way up, inside
the cable itself, the screw-on type (or at least the ones that I have
seen) don't. They simply have a flat, internal endstop, with a hole through.

SteveW