Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Securing insulated plasterboard to steel lintel

On 18/03/2019 11:19, Mathew Newton wrote:
On Monday, March 18, 2019 at 9:37:01 AM UTC, dennis@home wrote:

Is this cladding to increase the fire rating?
If it is then foam is not a good idea.

You raise an interesting point. I was just thinking about the insulation properties to be honest, and there's nothing on the architect's drawings about fire protection, yet they carry such detail for the steel beams over the openings to the house (which the building inspector has also mentioned).

Do lintels over doors opening generally received additional fire protection? I might be able to squeeze in some 15mm fireboard instead of the 12.5mm PB I was going to use but space is tight.

One of the reviews on the screwfix site says:

" I have used this product and found the bond strength good, but only
has a B2 fire rating as far as i'm aware. Most plaster boards has a 1 hr
fire rating so you must be careful what you use to stick the boards up
with. I have also used a Illbruck product which is in my opinion far
superior and it also has a B1 fire rating which is a true fire rated
product.
look for PU010 panel adhesive on the illbruck web site, this in my
opinion is the correct product to use for this application. "