Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Are acoustic boards worth double the price....

In article ,
R D S wrote:
On 17/03/2019 22:58, JoeJoe wrote:
In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Not convinced so called acoustic board works any better than decent
plaster board. You need mass to stop sound.

"soundblock" plasterboard is about 30kg a sheet compared to 24kg a sheet
for "normal" 12.5mm stuff ...

Quite. Either thicker than normal plasterboard, or a double layer.

Two layers is what I have always done in these situations.

I'm butting up to a door casing, can't get away with doubling up, that
was my first instinct.

I'd be surprised if anything the same sort of thickness as plasterboard
would make much difference in practice - short of lead.

--
*I'm planning to be spontaneous tomorrow *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.