Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Kitchen electrics.

On 17/03/2019 20:28, Graham. wrote:
John Rumm Wrote in message:
On 17/03/2019 16:00, Graham. wrote:

Kitchen fitter is coming to start work at 0800 tomorrow. Complete
refurb. I am a little concerned about the electrical work he is going
to do, and a couple of mantras he has chanted.

The first one is "Kitchens are like bathrooms under Part P". That's
not been the case for about five years has it?

The latest part P doc is from 2003:

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ved-document-p

and that was the first to remove kitchens from the "special locations"
category.

Thanks John, I know you meant 2013.

Yup, sorry - spotted that as I just re-read the bit you quoted!

Maybe it's his way of divorcing his work from previous unseen
abortions, I could admire him for that, OTOH it may be more about
the £600 extra beyond the original estimate, he wants for the
rewire

Could be...

--
Cheers,