Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Reay[_6_] Brian Reay[_6_] is offline

Default Demolition Breaker

On 15/03/2019 15:42, GB wrote:
On 15/03/2019 14:44, RJH wrote:
I need to break up about 5m x 5m of concrete, varies in depth, seems
to be about 4" max.

I intend to do it over a few weeks, once the weather improves. Would
this be up to the job:

https://www.aldi.co.uk/workzone-demo...96542269374000

I intend to buy it, then sell on ebay once it's done.

Being scientific about this:-

Impact power:Â* 55J

One of the heavy SDS drills from the likes of Screwfix has around 8J, so
the aldi breaker is about 7 times the power. I'd have thought that's loads.

A drill and a breaker are different beasts. While some SDS drills have a
nominal breaker function (ie you can have the hammer action without the
rotary action), I doubt they are intended for serious breaking. For
example, taking down a brick wall is far less demanding than breaking a
concrete slab.

I'm not suggesting the Aldi beast isn't up to the job, I've bought
several of they power tools and been very happy with them. They also
honour their warranty. I'd give it a try and, if it isn't up to the
job, expect them to refund the money with out a problem. It will be
cheap than hiring if it works.

If you can, try and dig out some of the soil under each section as you
go, just enough so the slab isn't supported by the ground, and chip it
away.

--

Smile for the camera ;-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxyL2_38EsQ