Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Anyone ever speeded up a stairlift?

Actually when I asked this question of an installer he said that they are
built to be safe, not rapid, and if they ran faster and jammed then the jolt
may be very dangerous for the occupant.

That to me sounded a bit like 'cos they always are made this way, I only
fit them guv, nothing to do with me'
Still there may be some merit in the plan, unless you really want to wear a
crash helmet, neck brace and a three point harness to use one.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
In article , Commander Kinsey
wrote:

I've yet to come across any old person who wouldn't like their stairlift
get there quicker. For goodness sake, they're either trying to answer the
door, or get to the loo before they wet themselves, and the thing runs at
less
than half a mile an hour. Are they powered by hamsters or something?

Why not contact Alton Towers? I understand they have some experience in
that department.

--
What power have you got?
Where did you get it from?