Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Mending ceramics

I'd have thought that there should be lots of info online about this. We see
all the time on TV where ancient relics are built again using some form of
glue and the repairs are almost undetectable I am told.
However if its just an old vase, it seems a lot of trouble to go to to fix
it when any old Charity shop has countless vases or so it seems.
As has been said, superglue is not going to work reliably, since the
material you are gluing is so powdery.
Some form of epoxy might well work, especially if you can build up a lot
of it on the inside to support the joint, while cleaning the outside.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Andy Burns" wrote in message
TimW wrote:

I have knocked over a vase. Is superglue the way?

Araldite, I'd have thought ...