Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mathew Newton[_2_] Mathew Newton[_2_] is offline

Default led floodlight

On Thursday, 14 March 2019 22:54:24 UTC, Robin wrote:

I recently fitted one of these.

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/LTUSF10MCW.html

Too soon for feedback on performance in practice but I was impressed by
the range of adjustments and by the way wireless remote worked from
inside the house (which allows manual override).

Hi Robin,

I recently bought one of these (warm white instead of cool) however my remote needs pointing directly at the front of the light to operate it... It certainly wouldn't work from inside the house (yet I'd like it to!).

It sounds like your remote might a radio one? Mine definitely has an IR LED on the top of it. Here are some pics of my box and remote (labelled JIR2458) - is it the same as yours?

http://www.newtonnet.co.uk/permanent/tlcledlightbox.jpg
http://www.newtonnet.co.uk/permanent...ightremote.jpg

It is only reading Alan's original post that has made me realise that without a remote that can function from inside I too won't have a manual override!