Posted to uk.d-i-y
TimW TimW is offline

Default Mending ceramics

I have knocked over a vase. It was cracked top to bottom and has now
come cleanly apart into two large pieces and one small triangle. They
dry fit nicely back together so I am going to attempt to glue them back
how they were.

Is superglue the way? Any tips? the white clay is 5mm wide and looks
quite porous. If I do the little piece first I will then have a broken
edge of about 750mm length to bond. Is it glue one side only and quickly
position? I am thinking rubber bands might hold it together. Is that
what professionals do? How do I clean off any smears or drips?

TW