Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default My second Plusnet bill

wrote
Rod Speed wrote

You must have needed to work out where to eat or stay
and could have used your smartphone to see whats local

I book the ferry and ALL my hotels on Booking.com BEFORE I set off

And you'd be ****ed if one of them comes unstuck and would
have to waddle around towing your immense box on wheels
to find a new one., With a mobile you can do it trivially.

And you can't plan all the places to eat or visit in advance
anyway. If you visit one place and see an ad for somewhere
else or get told about somewhere also worth visiting by
someone there, if you had enough of a clue to have a
mobile phone you could check it out and see if you
think its worth going to too. Without one you would
have to waddle off towing your immense box of toys
on wheels and see if its a good as someone claims.

and enter them into my Garmin Nuvicam and when
we need a restaurant or shops, I use my 3790T

Which is completely useless compared with a smartphone for
that. No pics of each place, no reviews, no feedbacks no way
to see how busy it is, no way of reserving a seat etc etc etc.

which is slimmer than a phone.

Thats bull**** with the best smartphones.

This was my trip in 2016. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1nN_vHWsAEivVX.jpg

And that isnt viable when walking around some foreign town.
If you had enough of a clue to have a decent smartphone,
you could just take it out of your pocket and use it.

That would be my Garmin 3790T.

Which doesnt do most of what a smartphone can do. Or even tell
you what the weather will be doing so you can use that to refine
you choices of where to eat etc and decide if outside is viable etc.

See: It zooms into streets and buildings level when you
near your destination when out walking around cities.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1nMSSWWoAElF06.jpg

****ed compared with what a smartphone can do.