Old March 10th 19, 08:20 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default My second Plusnet bill

"Richard" wrote in message
On 09/03/2019 22:56, wrote:
On Saturday, March 9, 2019 at 10:47:35 PM UTC, Steve Walker wrote:
On 09/03/2019 22:06,
wrote:
Costs the same as my old KCOM in Hull!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1P7-n7X0AE3puS.jpg

As you've been billed over £16 for additional call charges, might it be
worth upgrading to any-time calls? It'd only cost an extra £4 a month
for anytime calls, including to mobiles.

SteveW

Problem is that the Mrs spent 1hr10min to her sister in Hull on one call
which used to be untimed in KCOM land, but now racked up over £10!

Skype

Makes more sense to have unlimited calls to any landline or mobile
in the country now. I get that for just $10/month on my mobile and
get unlimited texts and MMSs and 1GB of data too. Leaves the
landline service for dead and you can use it anywhere, with just
the one set of contacts and call history fully auto backed up.

Old March 10th 19, 08:39 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote

I did this on Virgin, most operators offer this, however one issue seems
to be that some calls for no good reason seem not to always be included.
Too many different bloody number types around these days.

Quite a few now do unlimited calls and texts and MMSs to any landline or
mobile in the country now with 1GB of data included with mobiles, for just
$10/month. And with a mobile it works anywhere, not just at home.

And you have just the one set of contacts, one call history
and its all fully backed up fully automatically as well.

Old March 10th 19, 09:11 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
On Saturday, 9 March 2019 22:56:54 UTC, wrote:
Problem is that the Mrs spent 1hr10min to her sister in Hull on one
call which used to be untimed in KCOM land, but now racked up over £10!

Someone should make a device you can plug into a phone which makes a
beep-beep-beep noise after 55 minutes.

Any smartphone can do that.

Or wire the phone through a clockwork runback timer.

Dinosaur stuff.

Old March 10th 19, 09:21 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/03/2019 22:06, wrote:
Costs the same as my old KCOM in Hull!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1P7-n7X0AE3puS.jpg

Why on earth do you pay for calls, voicemail and then some extra for
more calls (£20+/month)?

Get a £10 sim-free mobile, put one of these inside, and you can talk
24/7 for £6/month:

https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/sim-...d-5&position=5

And it can even go with you everywhere you go if you so wish...

The only person I know in the world who pays for calls using their
landline in my father in law...

Old March 10th 19, 10:15 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 11 Mar 2019 07:20:17 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

Makes more sense to

LOL! Senile Ozzietard knows it BETTER ...AGAIN!

--
Bill Wright to Rot Speed:
"That confirms my opinion that you are a despicable little ****."
Old March 10th 19, 10:16 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 11 Mar 2019 08:11:44 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:
..

Dinosaur stuff.

YOU certainly are, you projecting 85-year-old decrepit senile cretin!

little ignorant ****."
MID:
Old March 10th 19, 10:19 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, March 10, 2019 at 9:21:03 PM UTC, JoeJoe wrote:
On 09/03/2019 22:06, wrote:
Costs the same as my old KCOM in Hull!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1P7-n7X0AE3puS.jpg

Why on earth do you pay for calls, voicemail and then some extra for
more calls (£20+/month)?

Get a £10 sim-free mobile, put one of these inside, and you can talk
24/7 for £6/month:

I don't own a mobile phone and my wife's does not even pick up a signal in our house unless she goes upstairs. I need the landline for my laptop though.
Old March 10th 19, 10:20 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 11 Mar 2019 07:39:07 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

I did this on Virgin, most operators offer this, however one issue seems
to be that some calls for no good reason seem not to always be included.
Too many different bloody number types around these days.

Quite a few now do unlimited calls and texts and MMSs to any landline or
mobile in the country now with 1GB of data included with mobiles, for just
$10/month. And with a mobile it works anywhere, not just at home.

When will you finally pull your stupid senile head out of your wrinkled
senile arse, senile Rot?

Old March 10th 19, 10:32 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Costs the same as my old KCOM in Hull!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1P7-n7X0AE3puS.jpg

Why on earth do you pay for calls, voicemail and then some extra for
more calls (£20+/month)?

Get a £10 sim-free mobile, put one of these inside, and you can talk
24/7 for £6/month:

I don't own a mobile phone

That sounds very ludditish.

and my wife's does not even pick up a signal in our house unless she goes upstairs.

Have you checked other mobile providers?

I need the landline for my laptop though.

That depends on the speed and data you truly need. There are a number of
mobile contracts that can virtually match a landline, perhaps not fibre
broadband though.

OT any other Plusnet broadband users having trouble today? newshound UK diy 9 February 9th 19 12:04 PM
Broadband Plusnet v Broadband mark UK diy 36 September 23rd 15 09:19 AM
Plusnet Capitol UK diy 6 July 26th 15 08:24 AM
Plusnet and Forte Agent combination. Losing headers Mike Halmarack UK diy 12 March 27th 06 11:13 AM
What is a second operation lathe? Matthew Metalworking 8 January 19th 04 03:45 PM