Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default My second Plusnet bill

On Mon, 11 Mar 2019 21:37:27 +0000, Steve Walker wrote:

On 10/03/2019 22:32, Fredxx wrote:
On 10/03/2019 22:19, wrote:
On Sunday, March 10, 2019 at 9:21:03 PM UTC, JoeJoe wrote:
On 09/03/2019 22:06,
wrote:
Costs the same as my old KCOM in Hull!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1P7-n7X0AE3puS.jpg

Why on earth do you pay for calls, voicemail and then some extra for
more calls (£20+/month)?

Get a £10 sim-free mobile, put one of these inside, and you can talk
24/7 for £6/month:

I don't own a mobile phone

That sounds very ludditish.

and my wife's does not even pick up a signal in our house unless she
goes upstairs.

Have you checked other mobile providers?

I need the landline for my laptop though.

That depends on the speed and data you truly need. There are a number
of mobile contracts that can virtually match a landline, perhaps not
fibre broadband though.

We currently get 40Mb/s on FTTC. While some mobile networks can match
that, they wouldn't allow the data volume (slowing down with high useage
or not allowing tethering at all on unlimited packages) - my eldest son
watches a lot of Netflix and also downloads numerous varieties of OS to
try. One month he managed 450GB by himself!

Each of my sons manages about 400GB in an average month. My wfe and I
only manage to push that up to about 1 TB.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/03/2019 23:10, Fredxx wrote:
However in a modern age it is normal to have a mobile phone,

Rubbish.

I don't have one either.

In this "modern age" lots of people take drugs, or pretend
that the NHS is 'free', but again not me.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andrew" wrote in message
On 10/03/2019 23:10, Fredxx wrote:
However in a modern age it is normal to have a mobile phone,

Rubbish.

Fact.

I don't have one either.

There will always be a few luddites.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, March 12, 2019 at 12:33:58 AM UTC, Andrew wrote:
On 10/03/2019 23:10, Fredxx wrote:
However in a modern age it is normal to have a mobile phone,

Rubbish.

I don't have one either.

In this "modern age" lots of people take drugs, or pretend
that the NHS is 'free', but again not me.

I think my last landline call was over a week ago, so why would I pay for a mobile phone so just sit there unused? I have a TV, two laptops, 4 GPSs and only the TV costs me in the licence fee.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/03/2019 20:39, Rod Speed wrote:

Quite a few now do unlimited calls and texts and MMSs to any landline or
mobile in the country now with 1GB of data included with mobiles, for just
$10/month.* And with a mobile it works anywhere, not just at home.

Unless you live or travel in areas that have hills where the mobile
reception can be unreliable or absent.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

alan_m wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Quite a few now do unlimited calls and texts and MMSs to any landline or
mobile in the country now with 1GB of data included with mobiles, for
just
$10/month. And with a mobile it works anywhere, not just at home.

Unless you live or travel in areas that have hills where the mobile
reception can be unreliable or absent.

Doesn’t happen here. We have a high enough density of bases to avoid that.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Psychopathic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 08:19:33 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

Doesn¢t happen here.

This is a UK ng, in case you haven't noticed you, you trolling senile Ozzie
arsehole!

--
about senile Rot Speed:
MID:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 12 Mar 2019 06:40:32 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

FLUSH more of the senile Ozzie pest's senile troll****

....and much better air in here again!

--
Bill Wright to Rot Speed:
"That confirms my opinion that you are a despicable little ****."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 12 Mar 2019 06:42:54 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

Just another of your silly little luddite fantasys.

Nope, just more of your usual stinking troll****!

--
Marland addressing bull****ting senile Rot:
"Stay in your wet paper bag you thick twit."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 12 Mar 2019 06:55:20 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

And you need one to do most net banking on your home laptop too.

How would you know, you trolling piece of senile Ozzie ****? tsk

little ignorant ****."
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 12 Mar 2019 06:41:38 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

Why DO I need a mobile phone and for what though?
I have a landline for making calls and a laptop for e-mails.

For what you need to do when not at home, stupid.

Obviously not, senile idiot!

--
Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default More Heavy Trolling by Senile Nym-Shifting Rot Speed!

On Tue, 12 Mar 2019 15:44:27 +1100, Jac Brown, better known as cantankerous
trolling senile geezer Rot Speed, wrote:

"Andrew" wrote in message
On 10/03/2019 23:10, Fredxx wrote:
However in a modern age it is normal to have a mobile phone,

Rubbish.

Fact.

Not at all, senile asshole!

I don't have one either.

There will always be a few luddites.

Not all people are mindless, easily influenceable, dumb consumers like you,
you ridiculous senile Google, M$, Apple and Amazon admirer!

--
Norman Wells addressing senile Rot:
"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, March 13, 2019 at 11:56:10 PM UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
You must have needed to work out
where to eat or stay and could have used your smartphone
to see whats local

I book the ferry and ALL my hotels on Booking.com BEFORE I set off and enter them into my Garmin Nuvicam and when we need a restaurant or shops, I use my 3790T which is slimmer than a phone.

This was my trip in 2016. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1nN_vHWsAEivVX.jpg

And that isnt viable when walking around some foreign town.
If you had enough of a clue to have a decent smartphone,
you could just take it out of your pocket and use it.

That would be my Garmin 3790T.

See: It zooms into streets and buildings level when you near your destination when out walking around cities.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1nMSSWWoAElF06.jpg

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 13 Mar 2019 05:17:04 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

My broadband uses the same landline as my phone, so why do I need ANOTHER
phone?

For when you arent at home, being a tourist, stupid.

He OBVIOUSLY doesn't need it, senile asshole!

--
The Natural Philosopher about senile Rot:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, March 13, 2019 at 11:56:57 PM UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

My broadband uses the same landline as my phone, so why do I need ANOTHER
phone?

For when you arent at home, being a tourist, stupid.

My wife has one, but she relies on my Nuvicam and 3790T to locate restaurants and booked hotels. Her phone goes "bleep" when we enter a new country though, if that is any good.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote
Rod Speed wrote

You must have needed to work out where to eat or stay
and could have used your smartphone to see whats local

I book the ferry and ALL my hotels on Booking.com BEFORE I set off

And you'd be ****ed if one of them comes unstuck and would
have to waddle around towing your immense box on wheels
to find a new one., With a mobile you can do it trivially.

And you can't plan all the places to eat or visit in advance
anyway. If you visit one place and see an ad for somewhere
else or get told about somewhere also worth visiting by
someone there, if you had enough of a clue to have a
mobile phone you could check it out and see if you
think its worth going to too. Without one you would
have to waddle off towing your immense box of toys
on wheels and see if its a good as someone claims.

and enter them into my Garmin Nuvicam and when
we need a restaurant or shops, I use my 3790T

Which is completely useless compared with a smartphone for
that. No pics of each place, no reviews, no feedbacks no way
to see how busy it is, no way of reserving a seat etc etc etc.

which is slimmer than a phone.

Thats bull**** with the best smartphones.

This was my trip in 2016. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1nN_vHWsAEivVX.jpg

And that isnt viable when walking around some foreign town.
If you had enough of a clue to have a decent smartphone,
you could just take it out of your pocket and use it.

That would be my Garmin 3790T.

Which doesnt do most of what a smartphone can do. Or even tell
you what the weather will be doing so you can use that to refine
you choices of where to eat etc and decide if outside is viable etc.

See: It zooms into streets and buildings level when you
near your destination when out walking around cities.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1nMSSWWoAElF06.jpg

****ed compared with what a smartphone can do.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote
Rod Speed wrote

My broadband uses the same landline as my
phone, so why do I need ANOTHER phone?

For when you arent at home, being a tourist, stupid.

My wife has one, but she relies on my Nuvicam and
3790T to locate restaurants and booked hotels.

So stupids marry stupids, no news.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 04:34:00 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

FLUSH another load of stinking troll****

....and much better air in here again!

--
about senile Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 04:59:30 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

So stupids marry stupids, no news.

....says the stupid troll who gets up every day between 1 and 4 o'clock am
just to be able to continue with his stupid trolling without too long a
break! BG

--
Norman Wells addressing senile Rot:
"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, March 14, 2019 at 5:34:11 PM UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
wrote

I book the ferry and ALL my hotels on Booking.com BEFORE I set off

And you'd be ****ed if one of them comes unstuck and would
have to waddle around towing your immense box on wheels
to find a new one., With a mobile you can do it trivially.

This DID happen in 2016 when the border Romania-Moldova was VERY slow and so I binned the already 3 days booked hotel in Chisinau and decided to go to Brasov instead. I drove to a MOL garage in Iasi, bought a coffee and used my laptop and their WiFi to cancel the Moldovan hotel booking.

As we were already booked into the hotel in Brasov, albeit after 3 days, they had my details and we had an extra 3 days there instead.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote

I book the ferry and ALL my hotels on Booking.com BEFORE I set off

And you'd be ****ed if one of them comes unstuck and would
have to waddle around towing your immense box on wheels
to find a new one., With a mobile you can do it trivially.

This DID happen in 2016 when the border Romania-Moldova
was VERY slow and so I binned the already 3 days booked hotel
in Chisinau and decided to go to Brasov instead. I drove to a
MOL garage in Iasi, bought a coffee and used my laptop and
their WiFi to cancel the Moldovan hotel booking.

And if you had had enough of a clue to have a mobile,
you could have avoided farting around like that.

I did it myself, planned to drive into Sydney, catch the
train back because the kids were paying for the train.
Missed the train by minutes, next one was the same
time next day. Trivial to work out where to stay and
what to do to pass the day looking at using my
phone and checking out what was available in
the way of a cheap all day anywhere public
transport ticket for seniors, just $2.50, where
to get it, try out the new light rail, use it to
get to the stuff that looked interesting all
with something that fitted in my pocket.
Dumped my bag where I was going to stay,
zoomed around all day and the evening
carrying nothing, worked out where to
get a decent pub dinner in the evening,
'worked out that the all day anywhere
ticket I had bought would still be valid
for the trip on the light rail back to the
station the next day.

I'd have been ****ed with just a massive
great box on wheels with all the GPSs in it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 09:09:54 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

FLUSH more troll****

I'd have been ****ed with just a massive

You ARE ****ed, you despicable 85-year-old, cantankerous senile Ozzie
asshole! You know it, I know it, everyone who knows you, knows it!

--
Bill Wright to Rot Speed:
"That confirms my opinion that you are a despicable little ****."
MID:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, March 14, 2019 at 10:10:10 PM UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote

I book the ferry and ALL my hotels on Booking.com BEFORE I set off

And you'd be ****ed if one of them comes unstuck and would
have to waddle around towing your immense box on wheels
to find a new one., With a mobile you can do it trivially.

This DID happen in 2016 when the border Romania-Moldova
was VERY slow and so I binned the already 3 days booked hotel
in Chisinau and decided to go to Brasov instead. I drove to a
MOL garage in Iasi, bought a coffee and used my laptop and
their WiFi to cancel the Moldovan hotel booking.

And if you had had enough of a clue to have a mobile,
you could have avoided farting around like that.

I did it myself, planned to drive into Sydney, catch the
train back because the kids were paying for the train.
Missed the train by minutes, next one was the same
time next day.

In 2016, I went on the ferry and train to Dortmund Xmas market. I printed out my tickets at home for the train and booked the NH hotel as well. On the way back, I was trying out my Iridium phone by ringing my daughter at home and missed the train out of Dortmund as a result.

I whipped out my Acer Aspire notebook, accessed the cloud and found the next train out of there. On the train itself, it was most amusing to see a gaggle of chav Man Citeh fans try and use their chav phones in the quiet carriage I had chosen. I could access the DB WiFi though as I could understand German and bought a DBahn access ticket for the day :-).
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/03/2019 04:44, Jac Brown wrote:

"Andrew" wrote in message
On 10/03/2019 23:10, Fredxx wrote:
However in a modern age it is normal to have a mobile phone,

Rubbish.

Fact.

I don't have one either.

There will always be a few luddites.

I don't need one, so why buy one ?.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
[...]

Pity about the immense box on wheels you had
to tow around everywhere to be able to do that.

On the train itself,

Pity about before the new train showed up.

it was most amusing to see a gaggle of chav Man Citeh fans
try and use their chav phones in the quiet carriage I had chosen.

Worked fine for me.

I could access the DB WiFi though as I could understand German

Dont need to with a decent smartphone. Chrome translates
anything except Dave the Sot's gobbledegook.

and bought a DBahn access ticket for the day :-).

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andrew" wrote in message
On 10/03/2019 23:10, Fredxx wrote:
However in a modern age it is normal to have a mobile phone,

Rubbish.

Fact.

I don't have one either.

There will always be a few luddites.

I don't need one,

Yes, you actually are that stupid.

so why buy one ?.

No one is holding a gun to your head and making you do that.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 01:40 am in Australia!!! ...and the Forsaken Psychopathic Senile Ozzie Troll is already up and Trolling AGAIN! LMAO

On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 01:40:16 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

FLUSH senile troll****

01:40 am in Australia??? And you are out of bed again? Do you have NO shame
at all?

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 02:30:11 +1100, Jac Brown, better known as cantankerous
trolling senile geezer Rot Speed, wrote:

FLUSH senile troll****

02:30 am in Australia??? And you have been up and trolling for TWO hours
already, just like you do EVERY "morning", you abnormal senile trolling
asshole? BG

--
Bill Wright to Rot Speed:
"That confirms my opinion that you are a despicable little ****."
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andrew" wrote in message
On 10/03/2019 23:10, Fredxx wrote:
However in a modern age it is normal to have a mobile phone,

Rubbish.

Fact.

I don't have one either.

There will always be a few luddites.

I don't need one, so why buy one ?.

I am FAR from a Luddite as far as technology is concerned, but I just find mobile phones a complete waste of time and money.

OT any other Plusnet broadband users having trouble today? newshound UK diy 9 February 9th 19 01:04 PM
Broadband Plusnet v Broadband mark UK diy 36 September 23rd 15 10:19 AM
Plusnet Capitol UK diy 6 July 26th 15 09:24 AM
Plusnet and Forte Agent combination. Losing headers Mike Halmarack UK diy 12 March 27th 06 12:13 PM
What is a second operation lathe? Matthew Metalworking 8 January 19th 04 04:45 PM