Posted to uk.d-i-y
Terry Casey Terry Casey is offline

Default PAT

In article 85d4a6e4-c3b2-4846-baff-85e4c615dbd3
@googlegroups.com, says...

Only things that are going to be used need to be PAT tested.

Well, if you think that a vintage TV isn't going to be used,
explain why large numbers of these are sold in the UK?

http://www.tech-retro.com/Aurora_Des...Converter.html

The most commonly used one is: SCRF405A PAL(625)to 405/25i
with RF System A modulator.

The 625-line signals come from DVD players and Freeview Set
Top Boxes

Here's a distribution system I designed:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e6lc0cc7c5...h_RF_Distribut
ion_V4.2.png?dl=0

or

http://tinyurl.com/dulwichbvws

As you can see from the large number of 8-way taps, it is
capable of feeding lots of vintage TVs!

Don't be fooled by the description 'SHED'. Think Swiss Chalet!

From memory from when I surveyed it, it was 10m x 11m.

Gerry Wells, who owned the property, sadly died since that
network was installed and the house has now been restored to
domestic use but the rest of the sight was left in trust to
the British Vintage Wireless Society who are currently in the
process of providing addition building space on the site.

--

Terry

---
https://www.avg.com