Posted to alt.home.repair
JR Ewing JR Ewing is offline

Default SAE 10 Wt ND Oil?

On 3/14/19 11:44 AM, Vincent F Rakstis wrote:
replying to Ron, Vincent F Rakstis wrote:
Reilly Auto Parts has it.Â* You have to ask, it is kept in back, not out with
the other oils.Â* About $4 for a quart.Â* I use it for any light oiling jobs,
does not get sticky, looks just like sewing machine /' 3 in 1 oils..Â* CaptVR Some employees are not aware, you may have to insist, they do have it.

I've used 5W30 synthetic in just about everything. Nothing broken yet.

Unless it's some specialty item like a vacuum pump for HVAC work or a compressor used to paint cars, I wouldn't worry about it.