Posted to uk.d-i-y
Terry Casey Terry Casey is offline

Default PAT

In article ,
says...

Long before the days of PAT, every single bit of electrical
equipment brought into a TV studio (unless from an approved
supplier) had to be tested by a qualified person. Especially
true of things like electric guitars and so on. Through
bitter experience. And even after, was usually
fed via an individual isolating transformer. And a TV studio
in this respect is not so different to a church hall.

How far back was this? I used to look after the equipment for
a local pop group in the mid 60s who appeared on BBC radio on
several occasions - sessions at BH, Maida Vale, The Playhouse
Theatre, Camnden Theatre and the Paris, amongst others.

The only comment about the equipment was when the lead
guitarist was tuning up and using his new fuzz box.

The studio engineer came in and said "We seem to have a bit of
distortion", to which John replied "It's a fuzz box -
everybody's using them these days".

To which the reply was "Can we be different and do without
it?"

--

Terry

---