Ohaya

Default Leak under kitchen sink

"Terry" wrote in message
.. .

A low power hair dryer or set on low heat and monitored can be a help to

get
air circulating. Damp plus no circulation can equal dry rot!
If the moisture has got into composite wood materail such as a strand

board
floor or the cabinet itself? it may take a while to dry out!
Makes the point too that with almost all home repair it's best to get at

or
at least temporarily alleviate the problem; for example a small bowl or
empty can placed under the drip and emptied every couple of days?
I was once involved with a public housing authority. Some homes had
conscientous occupants who would either fix small items temporarily or

would
phone the maintenance office at first opportunity. Their homes were always
in the best shape!

Terry,

At this point, we've just about torn out the cabinet bottom (not the
flooring), so I think all that is gone now.

Re. your other comment, you may find this funny. Apparently my wife had
noticed the leak at least 2 weeks ago, and for some reason she decided not
to tell me about it. I think that she knows I worry about these things, and
was trying to find somebody to fix it, even though all it took for the leak
was tightening the valve .

Not sure what to do about that one !!!