Posted to uk.d-i-y
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq is offline

Default PAT

On Wed, 13 Mar 2019 03:44:33 +0000, Bill Wright
wrote:

On 12/03/2019 19:22, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq wrote:

Your sarcasm fails because actually I do know everything necessary to
check the safety of a mains extension lead. As do many people.

Unfortunately for technical pseudo-elitists it really isn't rocket science.

Bill

Really?

I would suggest that you are not fit to plug the dammned cable into a
socket.

What danger would befall me or others were I to do that? Bear in mind
that I used to buy and install extension cables 25 at a time, and I used
to buy 13A plugs fitted with 3A fuses by the hundred and use them all,
and in fifty years I didn't electrocute or otherwise harm a single person.

Bill

You must be bloody good then.

25 at a time eh? That's impressive. Was it the thrd, 10th or 15th
that made you such an astounding professional?

Commiserations on the fused plugs.

The three doesn't mean 3kW you know.

That's probably why you bought so many.

You should have asked the nice man at the shop to put the proper fuse
in.

AB