Posted to alt.home.repair
catalpa catalpa is offline

Default 20 tons of gravel

"Terry Coombs" wrote in message
On 3/13/2019 8:09 PM, catalpa wrote:
"Terry Coombs" wrote in message
Well , crushed rock to be more precise . Had it delivered today by the
county , I'll be billed later but the agreed on price was very
reasonable
. Unfortunately the rain got too heavy before i finished spreading it
with
Rusty the Tractor . This will be the parking pad for our camper , later
an
RV if I can convince . But that's just the beginning , I'm building a
"carport" structure to shelter the camper/RV from the weather - 12 feet
clear height and approximately 11'4" clear sideways and 30 feet long . I
plan to park the Harleys under it too . I priced the metal carport
structures , by the time I get the height and size I want it's over 2500
bucks from the local . I can build it myself for less than half that
with
materials from the local lumber yard . Hmmm , I haven't priced steel
structural members , might be cheaper than lumber . A task for tomorrow
,
tonight I'm drinkin' whiskey .

How is it that the county delivers crushed rock to you rather than a
private
hauler?

I don't know the politics of it , just that if you ask nicely the county
road maintenance dept will haul gravel and crushed rock for the cost of
the material . I'll be billed at the end of the month .

OK, that is very gracious of them to do that.

That doesn't and can't happen around here, not only for legal reasons, but
it would get abused and out of control real fast.