Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default PAT

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
On 11/03/2019 04:21, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq wrote:

All this just to look at a few pictures of flower arranging or something
equally pointless.

Bill

You are totally missing the point.

People have a right to be safe whatever the activity.

Of course. I wasn't disputing that; merely making a general philosophic
remark about the futility of much human activity!

Maybe if she can get someone "to be bothered" to inspect the cables
and equipment in the hall it may be a life changer for a potential
victim or two.

Yes, but it would be much safer if she didn't drive to the hall at all. In
fact we should all stay in bed all the time.

Much safer to be under the bed, then if the roof
caves in you have more protection from that and
you can't fall out of bed either.

"Ownerless" cables are very vulnerable to abuse, you wouldn't know
that though would you?

Why wouldn't I be party to something so obvious? Or did you resort to
cheap sarcasm?

It takes experience and a vision of the
potential problems to arrive at a decision as to the best approach,
not just a simplistic I can google PAT response.

Many of the people in this group will have enough experience and knowledge
to test a mains extension lead. That includes me, but the way you're
carrying on about it makes me wonder if your own incompetence in this area
has led to you causing deaths and/or fires?

You know what they say about the Irish. Its true.

You certainly do seem to be very twitchy about it.

Not surprising with all those Irish around him.

If you do post advice it is best to know what the hell you are talking
about.

Yes that's true. Luckily I am. I live in the real world of proportionate
risk assessment. I've been using and testing mains leads for donkey's
years. But remember the golden rule:

Black to red
Red to Black
Blue us to bits