Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John Robertson John Robertson is offline

Default Annual Spring Cautionary Post

On 2019/03/13 5:43 a.m., wrote:
Although not many here are scroungers or scavengers, perhaps there are enough to merit this post. I have pulled any number of gems out of dumpsters, barn sales and yard sales, in any case. This applies mostly to the continental United States, but I am sure similar perils lurk everywhere. So:
Bottom line: A proverbial ounce of caution beats the hell out of a pound of care. Common sense, rubber gloves, a breathing mask, Lysol, Bleach, Moth-balls, Insecticides (which often do not work on Spiders or Ticks, so read the label), and other elementary precautions conscientiously and carefully applied will "safen" even the nastiest of wild radios.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Thanks Peter, that is a good reminder! I have forwarded it to my shop
manager for his annual review with staff. We get games in from all over
the world and they haven't all been stored well.

John :-#)#

John's Jukes Ltd.
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com