Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Wright[_3_] Bill Wright[_3_] is offline

Default PAT

On 12/03/2019 18:21, wrote:

Like yourself though, they all knew everything there was to know about
the subject even before they did the course.

Your sarcasm fails because actually I do know everything necessary to
check the safety of a mains extension lead. As do many people.

Unfortunately for technical pseudo-elitists it really isn't rocket science.

Bill

You're welcome to your opinion, but this time it's just wrong. Under different circumstances I'd test you by showing you a bunch of difficult appliances to test.

You're moving the goalposts. See my words above: "I do know everything
necessary to check the safety of a mains extension lead." I didn't
mention other devices.

Let's get some examples I've encountered that would catch many pat
testers out:
1952 Hoover floor polisher
1937 McMichael radio
Modern 6 way extension lead