Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default PAT

On Tuesday, 12 March 2019 13:15:08 UTC, Bill Wright wrote:
On 12/03/2019 03:57, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq wrote:

Like yourself though, they all knew everything there was to know about
the subject even before they did the course.

Your sarcasm fails because actually I do know everything necessary to
check the safety of a mains extension lead. As do many people.

Unfortunately for technical pseudo-elitists it really isn't rocket science.

Bill

You're welcome to your opinion, but this time it's just wrong. Under different circumstances I'd test you by showing you a bunch of difficult appliances to test. Let's get some examples I've encountered that would catch many pat testers out:
1952 Hoover floor polisher
1937 McMichael radio
Modern 6 way extension lead
1951 Hoover junior vacuum cleaner
Modern LED lights
Assorted wallwarts
1934 2 valve reaction set, home made
Fan heater, 1960s or 70s
Fan heater, 2017

In fact why not. Ask whatever PAT test relevant questions you need to about them, see if you can spot the issues.

NT