Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Wright[_3_] Bill Wright[_3_] is offline

Default Lowering a shower rail

On 11/03/2019 18:20, F wrote:
I'm under pressure from Management to lower our shower rail by around
100mm but I really don't want to have to drill the tiles and to have to
fill the holes for the existing fitting (as shown at
https://www.screwfix.com/p/smith-loc...-2-pack/9070v).

Is anyone aware of a fitting that would do the job?

Hanging the rail from the ceiling isn't going to be an option.

Use a piece of 3mm or 4mm sheet aluminium. Make it the width of the
fittings and the necessary height to give the drop you require. The ends
should be exactly the same profile as the footprint of the fittings, so
use the fitting as a template for the rounded ends. Drill the holes at
the top to take the screws that will go into the wall. Countersink the
holes. To hold the fitting use self tappers with heads that fit the
countersink in the fitting. Use over-long self tappers then grind off
the excess length on the other side so it is flush with the aluminium.
The holes should be positioned so that the rounded end of the sheet is
exactly flush with the edge of the fitting.
Sand the completed aluminium to provide a key. Spray with aluminium
primer. Paint matt grey, at least six coats.

Bill