Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default My second Plusnet bill

On Mon, 11 Mar 2019 21:37:27 +0000, Steve Walker wrote:

On 10/03/2019 22:32, Fredxx wrote:
On 10/03/2019 22:19, wrote:
On Sunday, March 10, 2019 at 9:21:03 PM UTC, JoeJoe wrote:
On 09/03/2019 22:06,
wrote:
Costs the same as my old KCOM in Hull!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1P7-n7X0AE3puS.jpg

Why on earth do you pay for calls, voicemail and then some extra for
more calls (£20+/month)?

Get a £10 sim-free mobile, put one of these inside, and you can talk
24/7 for £6/month:

I don't own a mobile phone

That sounds very ludditish.

and my wife's does not even pick up a signal in our house unless she
goes upstairs.

Have you checked other mobile providers?

I need the landline for my laptop though.

That depends on the speed and data you truly need. There are a number
of mobile contracts that can virtually match a landline, perhaps not
fibre broadband though.

We currently get 40Mb/s on FTTC. While some mobile networks can match
that, they wouldn't allow the data volume (slowing down with high useage
or not allowing tethering at all on unlimited packages) - my eldest son
watches a lot of Netflix and also downloads numerous varieties of OS to
try. One month he managed 450GB by himself!

Each of my sons manages about 400GB in an average month. My wfe and I
only manage to push that up to about 1 TB.