Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Unnecessary wireless devices

On 11/03/2019 15:51, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Mon, 11 Mar 2019 14:33:03 +0000, Malcolm Race
wrote:

On 11/03/2019 12:42, Graham. wrote:
1)Doorbells

Disagree. Installing a doorbell in an existing building can easily
result in untidy wiring, We have an existing wired doorbell installed
in the house when newly built 20yrs ago in the hallway by the front
door. We needed a repeater in a room to the rear of the house which
would have been difficult to wire in. A wirless doorbell extender was
the answer with the advantage of being able to tale the receiver(battery
powered) into the garden when working outside.

Malcolm

+1

Wireless doorbells have their place. We had a conservatory installed
at the front, and a wireless doorbell avoided having to drill holes in
walls and string wires along the supporting beams.

+2, if you have a big house. I have a wired bell that also switches a
wireless sender, and apart from a fixed receiver in my office I have a
battery one that can go out into the garden or workshop.