Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob Morley Rob Morley is offline

Default Unnecessary wireless devices

On Mon, 11 Mar 2019 12:42:42 +0000
Graham. wrote:

1)Doorbells

I fitted one of those once, it rang fairly randomly - I'm guessing it
wasn't smart enough to tell that the various other radio tech we have
wasn't talking to it. Took it back for a refund after a couple of
days getting annoyed by it. We now have a good old low-tech
electromechanical doorbell.

2)Room thermostats

I can understand that if you like to take the thermostat with you to
the room you're occupying, or if you're experimenting with different
locations to find the most appropriate.

3)Keyless ignition

I can sort of see the point of this - my key ring is quite full, and it
dangles from the steering column in an occasionally intrusive manner.

4)This:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6789479/

"the defendant is now in a new relationship and is pregnant"

Well good luck with that then ...