Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default PAT

On 11/03/2019 09:52, DerbyBorn wrote:

Resolved - one of the committee has a husband who has access to a recently
PAT Tested and stickered lead for the event.

I think it is all about just keeping people happy.

I suppose the presenter was trying to avoid any blame if a faulty lead had
been provided due to her requiring one for the presentation. Avoiding
liability by being seen to be taking every step to ensure safety.

Seemed an overkill.

Tis the modern world and "progress" for you... personal responsibility
and common sense are no longer politically correct - partly driven by
the increasing use of litigation as a first step in problem resolution.

If I were borrowing someone's extension lead, I would give it some
inspection before using it to ensure my own safety. If I were lending a
bit of kit out that belonged to some collective organisation, I would
inspect it as well to ensure their safety.

--
Cheers,

John.