Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default PAT

He is probably looking out for himself. Surely if there is a system in place
for this at the hall then it will be obvious as it will have stickers on it.

Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"DerbyBorn" wrote in message
2.236...
My wife has arranged a speaker for her WI Group at the Church Hall.

The speaker has asked for a PAT Tested Extension Lead for her projector.

I can't see why - other than to avoid any responsibility if a faulty lead
was provided. Surely her equipment could not be damaged.

A lead is provided by the Church Hall - we, as users, have no idea if it
is
PAT Tested.

Not sure what to get my wife to say to the speaker.

I have not ruled out that the lead may be PAT tested - not easy to check
right now.

...but what responsibility is it of the speaker?