Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Silver-grey fence panels

On 10/03/2019 12:23, Mathew Newton wrote:
This feels like a bit of a stupid question but as I'm not sure of the
answer I'll ask anyway...

Is it possible to buy 'natural-looking' silver-grey fence panels that
look similar to the following?

http://www.newtonnet.co.uk/permanent/fencepanel.jpg

The reason I ask is that all the panels I'm seeing available have
been treated with something that has quite a heavy pigment and, as
such, quite often have a deep orange colour to them.

The panels above are ~12 years old and so I have no doubt that their
silver-grey appearance will primarily be down to weathering,

Yup, they have the classic "left outside for years" kind of patina to
them. Not easy to create with new panels, and even if you could they
would then weather and end up looking different again.

particularly UV-induced fading, but I am wondering if it is possible
to get something at least close at the outset? I may need to replace
a couple soon and I really don't want some bright orange affairs as
they'll stick out like the proverbial sore thumb.

Either pic something different that contrasts with what is there, or
bite the bullet and replace them all. (if a couple are close to needing
replacement now, the rest may not be that far behind - especially with
the wind today!)

--
Cheers,

John.