Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default size SWA to garage 30m away

"mal" %% wrote in message
On Fri, 8 Mar 2019 19:36:40 +0000, ARW
wrote:

On 08/03/2019 13:40, dennis@home wrote:
On 08/03/2019 06:23, harry wrote:
On Thursday, 7 March 2019 21:14:03 UTC, dennis@home wrote:
On 07/03/2019 19:11, harry wrote:
On Sunday, 17 February 2019 16:55:02 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
wrote

Point 3 is important particularly for detached garages used for
storing
daily use vehicles overnight.

Eventually we will all be driving electric vehicles which will need
charging overnight....

Don't believe that, particularly with most in here, they'll be dead
first.

I have had an electric car for seven years.
The charge leads supplied with electric cars range from 10 to 13
amps.
They go into a domestic socket.

Not if you have a 32A charger they don't.

You don't need one for overnight charging.

But I want a car that can do 150 miles on a charge and yours obviously
can't as it runs on a couple of AA batteries.

Stick with what you know something about and it isn't electric cars!

Even the basic Nissan Leaf says it has a max range of 168 miles (if
driven in eco mode) but it take 21 hours to fully charge it with a 13A
plug and socket.

Now I am sure that EV charging point grants do not apply to a place of
work. A pity really as a car sat in a car park at work for 8 hours would
be an excellent place to put it on trickle charge.

Oh but hang on, all the DBs at work are fully loaded so we cannot
provide another 80A for the 10 employees to charge their cars.

It take me 5 minutes to fill my car up and give it a 600 mile range. It
takes me 7 minutes to fill up the van and give it a 500 mile range. And
that's with the heaters on full blast when am driving it.

How many watts does a electric car heater dissapate? Is sitting in the
car in winter waiting for the ice tomelt still an option with electric
cars?

Nope, not unless you don't want to go far.

Nicads were prone to all kinds of disorders like charge memory

No modern EVs use them.

are EVs still prone to them?

Nope, they have new ones like catching fire spectacularly at times.