Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Mark is offline

Default cheap hoose

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Mark wrote:

"harry" wrote in message
On Thursday, 7 March 2019 14:40:48 UTC, Brian Gaff wrote:
When we bought this house it was under 2000. Of course this was 1956.
Brian

I bought my first house in 1970 for £400.

My first house 1966 in Battersea cost £150
it was a you are moving out this is your new home
birthday present from my father
fire damaged two up two down

Crikey. And if it still exists today, close to a million?

Mine was 13,500. Bought as a first time buyer when working for the BBC as
a sound asssitant. No fire damage but lots of work needed.

That job pays about 35k now and wouldn't buy a garden shed.

Crazy I just looked it up £740K
last sold for £566,666
36 Latchmere road sw11
http://bit.do/eLnoj
I sold it 18months later for £400 and bought an 8 bedroom house in Notting
Hill at auction for £500 which turned out to be in even worse condition then
the one in battersea
just looked that one up thats now worth really stupid money

-