Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default cheap hoose

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...8572925572884/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 7 March 2019 09:36:25 UTC, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...8572925572884/

I though it was in Glasgow at first!

2 bedroom ground floor flat for sale
Commercial Road, Strathaven, ML10

Guide Price £5,000

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...-79874252.html

Okay, it's an auction, but this one isn't

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...-69965044.html

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
On Thursday, 7 March 2019 09:36:25 UTC, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...8572925572884/

I though it was in Glasgow at first!

2 bedroom ground floor flat for sale
Commercial Road, Strathaven, ML10

Guide Price £5,000

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...-79874252.html

Okay, it's an auction, but this one isn't

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...-69965044.html

Owain

£500,000 in London .....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Okay, it's an auction, but this one isn't

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...-69965044.html

Owain

The Broomlands is a dump.....just a few miles from here......you can just
see Billy the Paki grocer who sold firewater to my old boss the chief
building standards surveyer until he got the sack .......and I took over

Posted to uk.d-i-y

When we bought this house it was under 2000. Of course this was 1956.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
wrote in message
On Thursday, 7 March 2019 09:36:25 UTC, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...8572925572884/

I though it was in Glasgow at first!

2 bedroom ground floor flat for sale
Commercial Road, Strathaven, ML10

Guide Price £5,000

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...-79874252.html

Okay, it's an auction, but this one isn't

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...-69965044.html

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 7 March 2019 09:50:03 UTC, wrote:
On Thursday, 7 March 2019 09:36:25 UTC, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...8572925572884/

I though it was in Glasgow at first!

2 bedroom ground floor flat for sale
Commercial Road, Strathaven, ML10

Guide Price £5,000

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...-79874252.html

Okay, it's an auction, but this one isn't

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...-69965044.html

Owain

There was a place near me, a flat for sale £25k one bed, nomally they go for 300k-400k on looking closer it only had a 5 year lease , which explains why it was so much cheaper.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...8572925572884/

I like the bath in the front garden ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 7 March 2019 15:09:48 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:
There was a place near me, a flat for sale £25k one bed, nomally
they go for 300k-400k on looking closer it only had a 5 year
lease , which explains why it was so much cheaper.

We don't have leasehold up here.

Just unemployment and stabbings.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 7 March 2019 14:40:48 UTC, Brian Gaff wrote:
When we bought this house it was under 2000. Of course this was 1956.
Brian

I bought my first house in 1970 for £400.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

On 07/03/2019 15:09, whisky-dave wrote:
There was a place near me, a flat for sale £25k one bed, nomally they go for 300k-400k on looking closer it only had a 5 year lease , which explains why it was so much cheaper.

Compared to some rents that could actually be cheaper than renting for 5
years.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 7 March 2019 09:50:03 UTC, wrote:
On Thursday, 7 March 2019 09:36:25 UTC, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...8572925572884/

I though it was in Glasgow at first!

2 bedroom ground floor flat for sale
Commercial Road, Strathaven, ML10

Guide Price £5,000

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...-79874252.html

Okay, it's an auction, but this one isn't

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...-69965044.html

Owain

I'm sure the 5k price is just clickbait. The more people take part in the auction the more they get for it

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 8 March 2019 16:29:34 UTC, wrote:
On Thursday, 7 March 2019 09:50:03 UTC, wrote:
On Thursday, 7 March 2019 09:36:25 UTC, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...8572925572884/

I though it was in Glasgow at first!

2 bedroom ground floor flat for sale
Commercial Road, Strathaven, ML10

Guide Price £5,000

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...-79874252.html

Okay, it's an auction, but this one isn't

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...-69965044.html

Owain

I'm sure the 5k price is just clickbait. The more people take part in the auction the more they get for it

NT

That's how a lot of auctions work, excluding dutch auctions of course.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"harry" wrote in message
On Thursday, 7 March 2019 14:40:48 UTC, Brian Gaff wrote:
When we bought this house it was under 2000. Of course this was 1956.
Brian

I bought my first house in 1970 for £400.

My first house 1966 in Battersea cost £150
it was a you are moving out this is your new home
birthday present from my father
fire damaged two up two down

-

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Mark wrote:

"harry" wrote in message
On Thursday, 7 March 2019 14:40:48 UTC, Brian Gaff wrote:
When we bought this house it was under 2000. Of course this was 1956.
Brian

I bought my first house in 1970 for £400.

My first house 1966 in Battersea cost £150
it was a you are moving out this is your new home
birthday present from my father
fire damaged two up two down

Crikey. And if it still exists today, close to a million?

Mine was 13,500. Bought as a first time buyer when working for the BBC as
a sound asssitant. No fire damage but lots of work needed.

That job pays about 35k now and wouldn't buy a garden shed.

--
*I started out with nothing... and I still have most of it.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Mark wrote:

"harry" wrote in message
On Thursday, 7 March 2019 14:40:48 UTC, Brian Gaff wrote:
When we bought this house it was under 2000. Of course this was 1956.
Brian

I bought my first house in 1970 for £400.

My first house 1966 in Battersea cost £150
it was a you are moving out this is your new home
birthday present from my father
fire damaged two up two down

Crikey. And if it still exists today, close to a million?

Mine was 13,500. Bought as a first time buyer when working for the BBC as
a sound asssitant. No fire damage but lots of work needed.

That job pays about 35k now and wouldn't buy a garden shed.

Crazy I just looked it up £740K
last sold for £566,666
36 Latchmere road sw11
http://bit.do/eLnoj
I sold it 18months later for £400 and bought an 8 bedroom house in Notting
Hill at auction for £500 which turned out to be in even worse condition then
the one in battersea
just looked that one up thats now worth really stupid money

-

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mark wrote:

"harry" wrote in message
[...]

Oh, indeed. If you buy in what was built as a nice area, went downhill,
then comes up again after you buy, you get the maximum profit.

--
*I have a degree in liberal arts -- do you want fries with that