Posted to uk.d-i-y
% % is offline

Default I'm looking for a workbench

On 2019-03-08 12:41 p.m., TMH wrote:
On 06/03/2019 16:51, Bill Wright wrote:
On 06/03/2019 09:45, wrote:
Hi All,

I'm a stringed musical instrument maker & I'm moving into a studio @
Deptford Cockpit Arts.
I'm looking for a solid, sturdy woodworking/joinery workbench. If
anyone knows of anyone getting rid of one please let me know!
I have a van and could collect from anywhere in or around London.

Thanks
Jonathan

It's easy to make a bench. Get some cheap rough sawn timber from a
woodyard (salvage etc). Then you can make it exactly how you want it.
Construction technique is basic; no clever joints, just big screws.
Make it real heavy and solid.
Legs 3 x 3
cross members 4 x 1
boards 1½" x 8 or 10.
When it's in position fix it to the floor.

Bill

Mine are made from 2 pieces of 4 x 2 screwed together to form an L shape
for the legs. 4 cross members of 4 x 2 screwed inside the L at the top &
again at the bottom. 18mm ply top & shelf.

mine is the dining room table