Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Non-Metalic Wire?

On 3/8/19 11:03 AM, Leon wrote:
I saw this and was wondering how long it has been around and how does it
work.Â* What is it made out of to deliver electricity?

https://www.lowesforpros.com/pd/Sout...e-Roll/1193433

What am I missing?Â* Are they actually talking about the casing?Â* The
casing is not wire...

I believe the Non-Metallic (NM) means the sheathing is made of plastic,
not metal.
There are times when it's required to have metal-sheathed wire and times
when you can use Romex, non-metallic sheathed wire.

So that's the designation. MC for metal clad, and NM for non-metallic.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--