Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default size SWA to garage 30m away

On Sunday, 17 February 2019 11:44:34 UTC, wrote:
Point 3 is important particularly for detached garages used for storing daily use vehicles overnight.

Eventually we will all be driving electric vehicles which will need charging overnight....

I have been informed that my 80a cutout is only sufficient for charging 1 vehicle. If I want to charge two vehicles overnight, I have to have the cutout upgraded to 100a and possibly the service Cable to the cutout.....

So a detached garage having a 3 core 25mm2 SWA cable does not now seem excessive to put in while the trench is still open instead of that 6mm2 or 10mm2 SWA cable.....

Overnight EV charging is very low current.
My EV charger is only 10 Amps.