Posted to uk.d-i-y
sm_jamieson sm_jamieson is offline

Default size SWA to garage 30m away

On Thursday, February 14, 2019 at 2:43:17 PM UTC, sm_jamieson wrote:
I am putting in SWA cable to the garage, total length max 30 metres,
load just a few sockets for low powered tools, and lights, connected to 32A RCBO in the house CU. Should I use 4mm or 6mm SWA ?

Cheers,
Simon.

OK thanks all.
I've ordered 30m of 10mm 3-core SWA even though its way over for current usage.
If I ever needed to make use of its capacity I'd have to upgrade some internal wiring, but hey ho as they say.
And it will certainly sort out the earthing requirements.

Simon.