Posted to uk.d-i-y
F[_2_] F[_2_] is offline

Default BMW on Motorway??

On 05/03/2019 11:04, charles wrote:
In article ,
F news@nowhere wrote:
On 04/03/2019 21:20, Andy Burns wrote:
Dave Liquorice wrote:

Didn't think the per lane VSL cameras flashed but as most of the
motorway driving I do isn't on "smart" motorways could be wrong.

I've certainly seen the HADECS3 gantry cameras give the double-flash in
a "smart" section, but I've only seen that happen when a non-NSL speed
is displayed.

The gantry was showing NSL when I saw the flash. It looks like there's
some inconsistency in the way they're set up. And just to keep on-topic,
it was a BMW that was flashed.

NSL is 70mph. If the BMW was doing more than that it might have beeen
flashed.

It was doing more than 70mph (NSL showing on the gantry): that's why it
was flashed.