Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Commander Kinsey Commander Kinsey is offline

Default Fireplace in a shed?!

On Mon, 04 Mar 2019 18:52:49 -0000, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 04 Mar 2019 18:37:22 -0000, Jim GM4DHJ ...
wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news On Mon, 04 Mar 2019 18:13:26 -0000, Jim GM4DHJ ...
wrote:

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news On Mon, 04 Mar 2019 16:31:58 -0000, Jim GM4DHJ ...
wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news I came across a shed today, 8x6m, brick built, with a slate roof,
and
chimney! Not a boiler or wood burning stove type thing, but a
traditional
brick chimney. Any idea as to why someone would do that? It was
seperate
from the house, by a distance of about 8m.

Oh to be young....tee hee

I'm 43 you know! (Shakes walking stick)

Oh well you won't remember, like I do my mother boiling up in the
washouse
to the rear of the tenement flat we lived in to do the weekly wash
......And I demolished hundreds of dangerous ones over the years
before
retired ........sand lime mortar ...they just fell down on their own
not
much help required......

the good old days.....no washing machine....no 'fridge......town gas
mantle
in the scullery ....stairhead cludgies ..........

People throw them away nowadays. I have THREE fridge freezers which I
got
for nowt on freecycle in the space of a month. If I wanted to, I could
get about 15 sofas. WTF are people doing? Buying new furniture when
the
old stuff looks like new?

yes I cringe when I visit the dump...unbelievable what people throw
away....... I have only recently stopped cutting 13a plugs off appliances
that have died ..

I have an almost complete dinner set someone dumped. They did realise it
was useful, as instead of putting it in the skip, they placed it beside
it.

yes I got a complete set of new white hotel wear I use at the caravan
......those calor gas bottles are tempting

Somebody threw away calor gas bottles?! You can return them for money can't you?