Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Bob Minchin[_4_] Bob Minchin[_4_] is offline

Default Fireplace in a shed?!

On 04/03/2019 16:56, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Mon, 04 Mar 2019 16:18:56 -0000, Bob Minchin
wrote:

On 04/03/2019 15:45, Commander Kinsey wrote:
I came across a shed today, 8x6m, brick built, with a slate roof, and a
chimney!* Not a boiler or wood burning stove type thing, but a
traditional brick chimney.* Any idea as to why someone would do that?
It was seperate from the house, by a distance of about 8m.

Enthusiastic woodworkers often burn offcuts to keep their workshops
warmer in winter. Brick built stack is a bit OTT but if they are
building the rest out of bricks, they might choose to use all bricks.

This shed had a slate roof so was either very old, or as you say built
by an enthusiast.

My 30 sqm workshop has a slate roof over concrete blocks clad with
timber mainly for appearance. No heating needed as it is very well
insulated and comfortable to work in all year round.
I think I fit into the "enthusiast" group too or maybe that is OCD?