Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fluorescent lighting

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
On Friday, 1 March 2019 19:35:02 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
This lab was build in the 1960s last electrical refurbishment was in
the mid 90s. But still never seen any dimmable florescant in the
dept or uni, there must be a reason.

Generally, florries in a lab are working lights. Why would you need to
dim them?

Because that's what the designers of the new lab said we need, you don't
think they'll ask us users do you ?

I'm really not surprised given your replies to questions on here. ;-)

I didnlt think we needed auto on
lights in teh toilets either, or the taps which use PIR , which means
yuo canlt adjust teh water temperature for yourself up or down or the
lifts where you have to tell it what floor before you get in it and then
wait for the lift that goes to that floor. I wouldn't have spent the
thousands on the smart AV lecture tables either.

--
*Never miss a good chance to shut up *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.