Ed Sirett

Default BG Central Heating breakdown care

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 22:29:27 +0000, Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 21:08:10 +0000, Ed Sirett wrote:

The safety check is someone turning up to (surprise, surprise) read
the meter. As he is not Corgi registered I'm not sure that this 5
second safety check has any meaning!

Not for your safety thats for sure, only a CORGI can do a gas
appliance safety check and to do it properly on a place with boiler
and gas cooker would take the best part of a morning. Ed?

Well realistically given a reasonable standrd of installation (that does
not beg to be inspected deeper) I would say something like 1-2 hours,
including doing all the paperwork and testing the meter+ pipework.

Depends on the age and complexity of the appliances
The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk