John Hines

Default Washing machine drain backs up!

Horatio Hornblower wrote:

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 15:19:01 -0500, Speedy Jim wrote:

:Horatio Hornblower wrote:
:
:SNIP,SNIP
: My only concern is that if I glue it up, it won't be adjustable, and I
: figure there's no way I'm going to know exactly if it will fit, so I
: can't glue it at least until I'm sure it all fits. Maybe then I'll try
: gluing it all together, or maybe I'll use duct tape for at least one of
: the joints. I figure I can figure out how to make it leak free. I'm
: pretty sure I'll be able to disassemble it all and remove the sink and
: the trap if and when I want to even if I glue it all up (the room needs
: paint bad, and I'm going to need to get the washer and sink out of
: there). I will be able to get it all out because I'll get one of the 2
: inch traps that have a nut in the middle (like the one I have now).
:
: Pick up a 2" "No-Hub" coupling. Cut the 2" ABS somewhere and put the
: coupling in; that will let you disconnect at a later time and will
: also give you a little freedom in aligning things.
:
:Jim
Do you know off hand how long a 2 inch no-hub coupling is?

2 and half inches. At least the ones in my newly opened up wall are.