Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Stephen Wolstenholme Stephen Wolstenholme is offline

Default International Phone Charger

On Fri, 1 Mar 2019 08:03:25 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

As there is a strong international presence here, I will ask for some suggestions:

My wife and I will be traveling to Kenya in May, and we (more she than I) would like to be able to charge our phones and tablets while there. I am looking for a compact device that can be charged from the wall (240VAC, 50 HZ) (we will be in 4 and 5-star resorts) yet will also include a battery for those times we are traveling without said wall.

Thanks in advance!

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Most modern phones and tablets will charge from a 240V wall socket.
240V is standard where live (UK). I've been to many other countries
and not usually had a problem with the supplies apart from those that
have two pin sockets so the plug on my saver wouldn't fit. A long time
ago I had a serious problem on a ship. It had a DC supply so nothing I
had would charge!

Steve

--
http://www.npsnn.com